The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Saturday 14 June 2014

Make your car a happy place.

Recently I had the chance to downsize my car. I had lived in the country and had a four wheel drive as the roads were terrible and so were the kangaroos! It was a great car and served me well but not so good for city living and as the price of petrol goes up it became expensive to run.

Now I have a much smaller car oh my goodness what a saving! It is saving money in several ways but petrol would be number one. I cannot believe the difference!

My car is a small white car with no distinguishing features.... and it didn't occur to me what would happen next... I went to the supermarket and when I returned there in front of me were what seemed like a thousand small white cars. Opps, I didn't even know my rego number! 

Sometime later after working out which was my car I resolved to personalise it so this wouldn't happen again. (nd I took a photo of my number plate!)

I spent $25 and gave my car a Bluebird upgrade. I ordered car magnets based on my business car and cut them out to suit the shape. I really love it. (it is the same on each side)




Then I hung something that looks like me so that I can also spot that and pretty up the inside.



Then I thought about all the things I need and stocked it up with tissues, nail files, hand cream, hand wipes and so on.


My friend Mimi had inspired me. Recently she made over the console of her car so she has hand cream etc. next to her. She has a lovely blog called A Tray of Bliss. Her ideas are always lovely and she is the best cook. Thank you Mimi for the inspiration on this!

And it has worked! I have no trouble recognising my car and I feel instead of plain it is personal to me. I really love it! Every time I get in to drive I am greeted by things looking lovely and smelling lovely. After adding things that are good to have on hand and making it look nice I made it smell lovely as well. It smells faintly of my favourite perfume. 

On a practical level I have added a good first aid kit, a torch, a bottle of water, a rug and a stock of shopping bags. Now I feel very happy that I am prepared.

We spend so much time in our cars, ferrying people around and running errands. We might as well make it a pleasure. This little bit I did was amazingly simple but really it has made a difference. It is lovely. I love it!

I'm committed now to keeping it clean and sparkly and my little place that I love. 

Flylady has it that every week you clean out your car. Wisely she knows that a few minutes a week keep your car from becoming cluttered and messy and irritating. It's true. Things become kind of depressing when they are a mess and cars seem to easily accumulate rubbish. We may as well make driving a pleasure and make this little aspect of life so much nicer. 

I hope you have had a lovely weekend. It is very cold here! xxx


5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I really like the door decorations; a unique and personal touch.

    With three children going in different directions, I make around 2 dozen trips in the car every week; I feel like I'm in it all the time. So I'm quite disciplined about keeping it immaculate. Every week it is vacuumed, dusted, wiped down, windows cleaned, if necessary and followed by Bosito's Lavender spray on the upholstery.

    I find driving quite a demanding exercise but having the car so fresh and scented makes it a nicer experience.

    In my glove box I keep travel tissues, tic tacs, hand cream, a notebook and pen, and tweezers. A little spare cash and water bottle stay permanently in the centre console. A crocheted knee rug hangs over the back seat into the hatch area. Each thing has come in handy at one stage or another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane this is a fabulous comment! I really appreciate it. I know of and have used Bosito's Lavender Spray and I had not thought to use it in the car. It is such a good idea! You have proved all the driving is more pleasant in a well kept and well equipped car. I will get the lavender spray tomorrow. xxx

      Delete
  2. Hello Annabel hope all is well with you. Are you now posting on certain days only? I check most days but thought if you were only doing it a couple of times a week on certain days I could save myself some time checking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb! Im very sorry.. we are renovating our kitchen and I am the labourer and its a huge mess. I have tried to post as often as I can in this time but its been really hard. I hope to be back to normal in about a week with hopefully a post or two before then. And hopefully some photos of our new kitchen too. Lots of love, Annabel.xxx

      Delete
  3. No worries Annabel. We are renovating also so I feel your pain. The room that houses the computer is bitterly cold so I spend the least amount of time in here as possible, except when I am researching bathroom products online.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.