The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Thursday 3 April 2014

Frame make over.

Having so many lovely wedding photos I have planned to have some enlargements and knowing this I unearthed some old frames from my bedroom cupboard at the farm last time I was there. They are quite big 12 x 14 inch I think, for a largish photo anyway.

Here's the before...



Ok they are ugly but solid and in good condition. Would be expensive to replace... but not the lovely white moulded or chippy frames I would like.

I thought about how could I get texture and make them white or cream to fit my house and also be suitable for these photos?

I decided thick lace is textured and glued a suitable width over the frames and cut the corners in a mitre so that sat nicely. I followed the way the frames had been cut and put together...


When dry I used white craft paint (from the cheap shop $2 a tube) and a stipple brush to get the paint right through the lace so it is now solid and hard. This took a lot of paint! But still it was easy and of course you could do any colour. 



I don't have any enlargements yet so I used some fabric for my demo. I really like the result!  they look and feel like it is a pattern in the wood. 


Now I can't wait to get my photos and get them up on the wall. I have a long blank space in the hallway and also in the lounge room and I plan to hang them all together as a group.

Also I have two moulded oval largish frames with nothing in them that I can use. These are gorgeous and need no work, they are lovely and have been wasted, until now. So I am set! 

There are so many options with plain frames. If you look in gift stores a lovely frame is $30 to $50 for a small size. Many of the looks are easy to copy, a simple repaint can make a frame suitable but there are lots of easy effects. I am going to try a few others on some smaller plain frames I have. 

We have a beautiful day here. Just lovely and being Friday I have to get cracking as I really like to have my work done so we enjoy a relaxing evening. Friday nights we treat as a mini celebration, I think most of us do! 

I read a really good thing, I think from Joel Osteen. He said every first of the month to review your new year resolutions. Well that's simple but brilliant. So I did, I looked in my diary at where I had written my resolutions and plans. First of all how silly it is somewhere I had to look for it. Secondly I was amazed it seems like years since I wrote that stuff! Anyway now I will do it the first of each month. I am going ok... my goals were to go down a jeans size, which I did. And find a nice dress for the wedding etc (which I feel I did) and there is a little list and I guess I am about 50% there which is ok for April. But I will keep an eye on it now as boy the time slips away and before we know it we are near the end of the year! One thing on this list was to look good in a certain gorgeous dress I have. Now I can make that come true as we always go out to dinner for our anniversary. So I have a month to crack on and make it happen. 

Have a lovely weekend and relaxing Friday evening! xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.