The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Friday 13 December 2013

Hollywood Bubble Bath.

There is to me only one thing better than a bath and thats a bubble bath! Soaking in beautiful scented bubbles is my idea of bliss!

Luxury Bubble Baths are very expensive. But over the years I've tried many recipes to make it and have come to a final perfect and easy bubble bath to make. This can be personalised and the bottle is just as important to me as the content, especially if it's a gift.

This week I saw luxury Bubble Bath for $50 a bottle. So it reminded me to make some more!

I always save up pretty bottles. In op shops they are usually $1 or so. This one is my own in the bathroom most of the time bottle. Now for gifts I suggest you need a screw top or secure lid as you don't want leaks. 



I found these little bottles and they are ready for me to add sticky balsamic  vinegar that I make. I just add lace and a charm to make them cuter and this kind of thing would work for your Bubble Bath as well.


Or you can decorate bottles... these are all free bottles recycled. If you know anyone who drinks spirits... or liqueurs the bottles are fabulous!


Ok all you need is to find an inexpensive supermarket bubble bath or shampoo. You want something that smells nice and is a lovely colour. I tend to go for something pale pink and rosy or something creamy and vanilla. So for my at home recipe I use:
1 bottle of bubble bath or shampoo, one cup or so of epsom salts, half a bottle of glycerine and a few drops of rose essential oil (if its a pink mix).

This mix needs shaking or stirring before use. It is DIVINE. The epsom salts are beautiful on your skin and good for you. The glycerine makes the big bubbles. 
Use a good amount placed under the running tap. That's it! 

To give as a gift, use sealable bottles. I leave out the epsom salts as it settles to the bottom of the container which needs shaking. You could include it with instructions that it must be mixed.

For a little girl (or maybe a big one!) a tiny amount of glitter can be added. Clear makes it sparkle and is fabulous!

It is a great gift for someone who you know adores baths. 

For someone who loves lavender, find a lilac colour base or mix a blue one with a pink one to get lilac. Then add lavender essential oil and tie a few sprigs of dried lavender to the bottle. They will love you! 

Never go past a free or bargain lovely bottle. I have so many things to make that need bottles so I always collect them. And over time I'll share all these things so you will always have lovely gifts to give. 


6 comments:

  1. I adore the little crowns! These are so pretty...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! How much glycerine do you use? I normally buy qrt and 1/2 gal size. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nettie, going by the bottles we get here I will say use 3/4 to one cup of glycerine. This gives it strong bubbles and feels lovely on your skin. Mix the mixupture well. Enjoy! It is so nice! Many thanks, Annabel.xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much! This is such a sweet idea! Thanks for sharing! I love Resourcefulness and reusing beautiful glass vessels! I can't wait to try the recipe!
    Nettie❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made this for one of my daughters friends Annabel. It looks lush. Thankyou! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleeplessness here Annabel, I have been reading old posts on your blog. Going to make some of this bubble bath. Looks amazing. Fi xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.