The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Monday 2 December 2013

Canterbury Bells are ringing.

Just now I have Canterbury Bells flowering and I'm so thrilled with them. I planted them last year and have had to water them every warm day for twelve months and now this is what I get!



They are lovely. I adore the sound of church bells and how Christmassy! Also a fine example of "you reap what you sow" I thought!

I love english flowers ... Hollyhocks, foxgloves, lilacs... roses. Just gorgeous.

When we came to this house there were two huge pots with trees in them and they were covered in white flowers the size of saucers. They are a type of Magnolia. Just amazing and we have quite a few out now.


Being in my garden and working on it I am sure is as good a medicine as there is. It makes me feel better even when things are blahh. The sunshine does me good. I notice the birds know this, they lay flat with their wings out sun baking away. Vit D the gift from the sun. 
The birds in this garden are so tame. I feel my hair move as they have flown past me so close as they are not worried. When we first came two years ago there wasn't a bird. The people before us had a cat and the birds had left. It took months to gain the birds back and then more time before they loved us. Now some will sit next to our legs as we eat outside and have build nests and had babies hatch. A baby honeyeater still couldn't fly and sat on our bin outside and was so sweet. 

The crumbs go out onto the back lawn and I always put out water. On a terrible day, those days over 40, I put bowls of water under the verandah. I've seen them just sit in it. I know how they feel.

Recently driving home from the shops I saw my dream come true! Two huge cement urns.
You never saw a faster u turn. I would say they were still there because one had been painted bright red and the other bright blue. Overlooking that I could see the shapes were beautiful. Then they were so heavy! I had no hope. But I wouldn't leave either.... thinking what to do. A man from inside the house across the road saw me and understood apparently. He came and helped me and so they remained in the back of the car until Andy came home! 

So there are two and now are out the back next to french doors. Only planted a few weeks ago they are starting to look lovely. What a good find!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.