The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Blessing bags.

I love and admire so many of my American friends like you wouldn't believe! Apart from all their beautiful seasonal inspirations this is something I picked up from them. Blessing Bags.

The idea is you package up items that you can give to someone homeless or in need and keep them ready in your car just as you keep your first aid kit in the car for those type of emergencies.

This was an idea I admired only until recently my husband came home from in the city and was wishing he could have done more for a man he saw and spoke to that morning. Working in the city most mornings he is seeing a lot of homeless people.

I remembered this idea of Blessing Bags and put it to him and it has seemed a good solution for doing SOMETHING. It's just a little thing, but it's something..

Each bag contains toothpaste, toothbrush, face washers, soaps, change, drink, food items..


Then made up into bags ready to give out and kept in the car.



Yesterday Andy came home and had given them to two people and he felt better and had a beautiful response and talk with a couple of people.  Well thats my good husband.

So now the plan is to save warm socks, blankets etc as part of it for next winter. It's not a big thing, but it's something. And it's helped me find my Christmas spirit thats for sure as I've seen a good person trying to do a good thing to help someone else and if that's not what Christmas is about I don't know what is. 

We all come across people in need. It could be a neighbour or someone we know and it could be surprising. A little act of kindness could make a world of difference, you never know...



4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. So many people get forgotten at christmas, and all year round. This is so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its true Little Moo so many people are forgotten and Im counting my blessings as I realise just how many...xxx

      Delete
  2. I love this idea, Annabel! I could SO do this with just the leftover amenities we reject at the hotel on Guam. I live in the Philippines, so this would be a great blessing, indeed. Thanks for sharing it!

    P.S. Please check out my 2014 project I've called The Pillowcase Project in honor of my mother-in-law.
    http://www.kelleyhighway.blogspot.com/2013/12/ethel-pillowcase-project.html
    These new pillowcase contributions will be taken to National Children's Hospital here in Manila. I'd appreciate you spreading the word for me. Wouldn't it be lovely to receive pillowcases from all over the world?!

    Happy highways,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelley I followed your link and Id be glad to help with pillowcases. Tomorrow Ill post this on the face book page with your link! I have some friends who are wonderful with their sewing and I have a fabric stash suitable for this. Thanks for commenting... do you have a fb page? Otherwise I will email you... Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.