The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Beautiful cake stands.

Cake stands make a spectacular occasion out of eating any cake. A homemade cake or even a purchased cake, it doesn't matter, as soon as you pop it onto a cake stand it is more glamourous! It's a simple trick to making things seem more special. Even with cup cakes, slices or chocolates it really works.

Your desert also the becomes a pretty table centre piece which adds to the look of your table. All so easily! If you want to make someone feel special serve their cake this way.

I've collected them and if I see one in a thrift store it's inevitable it's coming home with me. Many I have paid $2 or so for. So I have spares and use them in other ways.

They are wonderful for grouping things together and keeping them off your surfaces at the same time. One in the bathroom keeps soaps and wash cloths together and looks luxurious so it's hand and pretty at the same time.



Another keeps my perfumes and moisturisers together on my dressing table. It looks luxurious and much better than them all scattered around and makes cleaning and dusting easier as well. 

Grouping candles together on a cake stand looks beautiful. Add a few sparkly Christmas decorations and you have a stunning centre piece. If you have unused cake stands seriously consider putting them to work. 

In another post I'm going to show you how you can make your own stunning stands for any occasion.

My project today is to make a Christmas table centre piece and use a big stand I have in the kitchen and put it to work. Hopefully if they turn out ok I'll put up pics in a couple of days! 


4 comments:

  1. I do this too Annabel. Thanks to an early obsession with auctions and silverware, I have a gorgeous collection and they are beautiful for all the reasons you've mentioned. We even use one to put our car keys in, near the front door :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi I love the idea of a keys holder/catchall! Brilliant thank you!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cake stand! Love how you're using it Annabel! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy. I love your blog! Beautiful.

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.