The little birds...

If you watch little birds you will see they are busy and happy! Using whatever they can find they create the most gorgeous little nest.
I would be the little bird with some glittery thread in her nest!
We can be like this. Happily working away with the things that are available to us to create a beautiful and happy home.
All the while with a little song in our heart.

Banner by Free Pretty Things for You.

Tuesday 29 October 2013

We keep six chooks. Most of my life I've kept a few chooks. My Nan always had hens as well. Even in the city I've found its ok to keep them. On our street several families have a few hens.
They are really easy and entertaining. I always have beautiful healthy yellow eggs that make most shop ones look depressed and insipid! I can always whip up a quiche or cake, lemon butter... or give someone half a dozen eggs and some herbs as a little gift.
Chooks have personalities and are really friendly. They bring a little joy to everyday.

1 comment:

  1. When we kept chickens, double yolkers and 120gm eggs were the order of the day. Do you get those?

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! The aim of my blog is the be a place of encouragement and happiness. Very rarely is anyone rude. Actually only twice so far! If you post a rude or aggressive comment I will read it but not publish it, thanks for understanding.xxx

Spam is never published... if you are advertising a product or selling website your comment wont be published. I am inundated with stuff about drugs, horses and weird things! I am not going to publish this stuff! Thank you.